That’s not a misspelling for Mad Max but short for Modern Mexican. You may have heard of local Tacorazzo Bill Esparza‘s epic line up for LA Weekly’s Tacolandia on Saturday. The extravaganza has been sold out for weeks, but here’s an opportunity to experience the crema de la crema the night before, on Friday June 5. Chefs coming into town from Mexico to participate in Tacolandia decided to collaborate on a special dinner at Broken Spanish in DTLA. DeLeón Tequila is hosting the cocktail reception and pairing tequilas throughout the dinner.
The dinner is a multi-course meal of northern Mexican/Baja gastronomy interpreted through the lens of Modern Mexican cuisine. This evening joins four Mexican chefs on the Pellegrino Latin 50 Best list with two of LA’s leading chefs of the genre.
Here’s the lineup:
1) Chef Benito Molina and Chef Solange Muris, Manzanilla (Ensenada, Mexico)
2) Chef Diego Hernandez, Corazon de Tierra (Valle de Guadalupe, Mexico)
3) Chef Guillermo Gonzalez, Pangea (Monterrey, Mexico)
4) Wes Avila, Guerilla Tacos (Los Angeles, California)
5) Chef Ray Garcia, Hosting Chef from Broken Spanish (Los Angeles, California)
Cost (including fee) is $114.88 For more info and tickets go to eventbrite